Division :Guardian Float Glass
Location :Kingsburg CA US E. Mountain View Ave
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education :Associate Degree
Category :Installation, Maintenance, and Repair
Job Description :
Guardian is a diversified global manufacturing company headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, with leading positions in float glass, fabricated glass products, fiberglass insulation and other building materials for commercial, residential and automotive markets. Through its Science and Technology Center, Guardian is at the forefront of innovation, including development of high:performance glass coatings and other advanced products. Guardian, its subsidiaries and affiliates employ 19,000 people and operate facilities throughout North America, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Visitguardian.
Guardian offers an entrepreneurial environment for risk:takers and results:oriented individuals and a unique culture that focuses on results, playing to win and rewarding employees for their commitment to excellence. We are presently recruiting forInstrument Technicianswho will thrive in this culture. This position will be located at our Kingsburg, CA Float Glass facility.
The position will be responsible for the following:
* Provide preventative maintenance, calibration and repair of all plant analog and digital equipment.
* Develop and maintain a close working relationship with all production, maintenance and engineering departments.
* Maintain necessary equipment files, parts inventories, work orders and drawings.
* Preventative maintenance, calibration and repair of the following equipment: electro mechanical and pneumatic valve operators, pressure flow, temperature transmitters, digital and analog controllers, computers, programmable logic controllers (PLC), variable speed drives; servo controllers, thermocouples, optical pyrometers, flow and level controls, automatic batching systems, strain gauges, load cells, test equipment, vision inspection system, and automatic glass handling equipment.
* Repair and maintain continuous emissions monitor.
* Program and maintain laboratory equipment, robotics and automation systems; and SCADA system.
The background and experience requirements for this position are as follows:
* Must be highly safety:oriented.
* Associates Degree (AA) in Industrial or Applied Electronics or equivalent, and two years industrial experience.
* Experience with AC inverter motor speed controls, instrumentation, control loops and relay logic in an industrial environment preferred.
* Must be able to pass a maintenance examination.
* Must be able to work 12:hour shifts and rotate every two weeks between day and night shifts.
As part of our total compensation philosophy, Guardian offers a competitive base salary, bonuses and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, prescri